|Real Name||Alec Beardsley|
|Phone Number||+1 586-873-8841|
|Commons Area, Mobile Equipment Storage Area Coordinator|
|Membership Advocate: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2019-2020|
Board Member: 2016-2017, 2017-2018
|Authorized to use:||
|Certified Trainer on:||
Once there was a man named Alec. Alec had a lot of hobbies. Alec needed to get out of the house more. Alec joined i3 since he already knew a lot of the members and especially since they had table-top gaming twice a month. As soon as Alec joined i3, table-top gaming was canceled. This made Alec sad. Alec decided to take over table-top gaming at i3. Alec is happy again. The end.
I am a geek of all trades. I have been working with computers since I was about 6 years old. I started teaching myself how to program at about 9 years old. Somehow that became my job.
I have a lot of hobbies and interests. Here's a list of some of them:
- Table-Top Games (Board, Card, Dice, RPG, Etc.)
- Video Games
- Ham Radio
- Wood Working
- Nature (Animals, Plants, Trees, Etc.)
- Music (Mostly listening to...but I create a bit here and there when I'm sure I'm alone.)
- Movies (Sci-Fi, Comedy, Action, low-budget, cult, pretty much anything that doesn't have Shia LaBeouf in it.)
- Random cool toys and gadgets
My i3 Projects
Below is a list of my past/current/future i3 projects.
Go Board (Goban)
- Medium 13x13 goban
- Status: Complete
- Large 19x19 goban
- Status: Complete
- Description: Laser etched on Bumblebee and then hand cut on a table saw due to thickness of material. Board designed by hand by Brad Tarratt and myself using InkScape.
Hive Pocket Hard Case
- Status: Nearly Complete
- Description: 3D Printed case for the table-top game Hive Pocket. Case designed in Sketch Up, sliced in Cura, and printed on the Rostock MAX.
Key Switch Tester Brains
- Status: Initial Planning
- Description: Take an existing Key Switch Tester and add a Arduino board to it to allow it to function as a programable keyboard. I'm starting with this tester and a variation of this Arduino board.
Random 3D Prints
There are many things that others have designed and I am simply printing cause I want one. I'll try and list those here with source links.
- Token Holder for X-Wing Miniatures Game v5 - source