Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20211109
- 1 Minutes for 11-09-2021
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 11-09-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:36 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($31,357.37)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($27,296.44)|
- Operations costs are about equal to income for the month.
- Might want to start looking at funding sources, either increase membership numbers or dues
- Will most likely not be available to take notes next week.
- Mel will take notes for next week if needed.
- No COVID rules updates needed.
- Working on mural stuff.
- Progress on the inside of the building is ongoing.
- Outside will probably require more bureaucratic stuff.
Senior Vice President
- No update
VP of Activities & Classes
- Not too many new things, usual ongoing things are still happening.
- Tours are going well.
- Mel will look into groups to invite in to both increase exposure to i3, and help out under served groups. Doc on the i3 general share is now created.
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
- 5 People started onboarding
- 2 Members completed onboarding
- 1 Member left
- 2 Scholarship renewals
Scholarship fund update:
- 13 Members on scholarship
- $597 Allocated (24.5% available)
- Average value of $45.92/scholar
- Does it make sense to put in a screenshot of metrics into the meetings?
- Quarterly or possibly twice a year might make sense so that it's easier to see trends.
- It's a fairly intensive manual process.
- Got a couple of complaints/questions about the status of various equipment around the space. For instance, the fact that only the resin printers are working and available in FabLab, and the injection molders aren't even in the building. I know we've been pretty lax about things due to COVID, but might it be time to increase expectations on ZCs to either keep equipment working and available or ask for help if they cannot?
- There has been some interest in getting things working.
- i3 owned equipment should be at i3.
- Evan will follow up with injection molding.
- Mark will follow up with fablab machine status.
- There is something else related to behavior standards that is being investigated.
- Still working under the assumption that we're outsourcing most of this. Going to have a work night to research choices and try some things out, tomorrow, in person. Everyone is welcome.
- Did not meet. No requests for fundraisers.
- What's the status of awards from the expansion campaign?
- Need someone to help to start to send things that do exist. Mark will send a note to the list to see if anyone is interested in volunteering to help.
- Need stuff, boxes, address list, and people to put it together in the same place at the same time.
- Having a point person would be very helpful.
- Someone at Friday night tours working on their application discovered that the AED is expired.
- Reports only expected in July.
- No update
Camera Review Review
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Brief discussion about future zone coordinators
- board@ attempted to join some Finnish mailing list
- How much heat venting out the roof vents is too much?
Outstanding action items
Assign a month to each board member to be responsible for summarizing slack
Action Item: Matt - Assign a month to each board member to be responsible for summarizing slack discussions. Evan will do December, others randomly assigned.
- Evan December
- Matt will setup slackbot to remind the responsible member the Monday before the meeting.
Split kiln into glass and ceramics
Give money to rules & stuff
- We need to pay a lawyer to review our proposed bylaws. Still looking for one, but have some leads, but we want the money now so we can just pay them and not have extra delay.
- Put the new TV stored in B side office that was never installed in commons the classroom to replace the one there that is failing.
Action Item Summary
|Assign a month to each board member to be responsible for summarizing slack discussions. Evan will do December, others randomly assigned.||Matt|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Appoint Mike as secretary||Mark||Evan||4||0||PASS|
|Split kiln into glass and ceramics.||None||None||0||0||PASS|
|Motion to approve last months minutes||None||None||0||0||PASS|
|Allocate up to $1000 to Rules & stuff for a lawyer||Evan||None||0||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 20:44
- Funds appropriated: $1000
- Attendees: 11
- David Henry
- Melissa Gilchrist
- Mike Fink
- Matt Carpenter
- Jan Henry
- Paul Lee
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20211012||Board Meeting Minutes 20211221|