Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20200121
- 1 Agenda for 01-21-2020
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 01-21-2020
Introduction of i3Detroit
- i3 is a makerspace/hackerspace, with many different zones. Open 24/7, with no paid staff. Jeff.
- A’lisa Vp, meeting chair.
- Thomas, wood shop coordinator and board member.
New Members & Guests
- Chris, guest sponsored by Kevin Flory.
Show and Tell
- Windows XP Pro Boxed Set - Everything but Windows :)
- Kerbal coat hangar.
- Klien bottle, opener. 3d printed metal.
- Backpack rack.
- Media lab mobile cart.
- Extended show and tell to be filmed in the classroom post-meeting
- To be filled in by Events Vp.
Member Owned Tool Policy Discussion
- The Board would like to have an open forum discussion with the members to help inform new policy around Member Owned tools to make things easier on both i3 as an organization and the Membership to avoid surprises when something happens to a tool/resource/machine. Members present will have their ideas/voices/opinions taken into consideration and the notes put up online for members who cannot make the meeting to provide input on as well.
- Thomas Tusano will take point on this item
- To be sent to board as action item.
- POC Thad Johnson
- Drawbar replaced last Friday. This holds the tool holders in the spindle.
- Hopefully there will be more fun than work this year for the zone. Thanks to all who helped in 2019.
- POC Thad Johnson
- In 2019 we of course made Minecraft parts but also used the machine to help launch a new business for i3 member Jim Kemp and also worked on a project for Troy First Robotics.
- Two beginner classes in the next month. Two more classes in March.
- Kils still working. Contact Nes, or Jody for classes.
- Not on fire.
- Tig welder returning in the next 10 - 15 days.
- Black bin near graveyard full of metal is fair game for anyone that wants some of the scrap.
Space Project Updates
- Potluck was a success.
- New projector was installed.
- Architect meeting happened. They were not horrified. We are waiting on a quote.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed:1941 - 2026
- Attendees: 15
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Table further discussion of policy and move it to Group slack discussion||Thomas||Anne Marie||15||0||PASS|
|Should ther be a MOU for tools loaned to i3||Thomas||Jody||14||1||PASS|
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20200107||Meeting Minutes 20200204|