Sample G Code Test
The Gcode Test will be Closed Book
- What two types of programming modes can be used to specify tool position? How do they
- Describe climb milling.
- Describe conventional milling.
- What is the principle purpose of a center drill? Why is a center drill needed?
- What is the principle purpose of a V-block?
- What is a bilateral tolerance?
- What is a symmetric tolerance?
- What is G Code?
- Explain the difference between modal and non-modal G codes.
- Describe what an M code does.
- Explain the effect of each of the following blocks of code:
O1000 T1 M6 G0 G90 G40 G21 G17 G94 G80 G54 X-75 Y-25 S500 M3 G43 Z100 H1 Z5 G1 Z-20 F100 X-50 M8 Y0 X0 Y50 X50 Y0 X0 Y-50 X-50 Y0 Y25 X-75 G0 Z100 M30
Find the errors in the following code:
O10075 N1 T16 M06 N2 G90 G54 G00 X0.5 Y-0.5 N3 S1450 M03 N4 G43 H16 Z1. M08 N5 G81 G99 Z-0.375 R0.1 F9 N6 X1.5 N7 Y-1.5 N8 X0.5 N9 G80 G00 Z1. M09 N10 G53 G49 Z0. M05 N11 M30