Embroidery Machine - Husqvarna Designer SE
|Embroidery Machine - Husqvarna Designer SE|
|Name||Husqvarna Designer SE|
|Make Model||Husqvarna Viking Designer SE|
|Storage Location||Craft Room, bench under exterior window|
|Documentation||See Husqvarna's online postings of the manual and User's Guide.|
|Other References||The full set of Husqvarna printed documentation is on the bookshelf in the Craft Room. A number of electronic documents and a training disc with limited semi-video walkthroughs are also available. (Note: Due to unclear licensing, these documents are not being made available on the Wiki. For the PDF documents, please see the Craft Room warden, or find the files on the Craft Room laptop under C:\4DEmbroidery\Guides\Reference. For the training dic, please look on the Craft Room bookshelf.)|
A combination sewing/computerized embroidery machine. This page also covers hoops, accessories, and software packages.
- HOWTO Use the Husqvarna for Embroidery
- HOWTO Baste Fabric Using the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Create An Embroidery Design for the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Hoop a Piece of Fabric for the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Change the Thread on the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Change the Needle in the Husqvarna Designer SE
- HOWTO Execute An Embroidery on the Husqvarna Designer SE
- Husqvarna Designer SE Maintenance
At present, training is required for both the embroidery function and sewing function of the Husqvarna.
To use as a sewing machine:
- Turn the Husqvarna on using the switch on the right side
- If it's not already attached, find the Husqvarna foot pedal under the bench. Plug it in on the right of the machine, near the power cord. (See the thumbnail to the right.)
- Once the LCD boots, select the Sewing Mode icon. (This icon can be found in the blue bar at the very top of the LCD. It's the fifth icon from the right, the leftmost of two which look like sewing machines. See thumbnail.)
- Select your stitch from the on-screen display. For a complete listing of available stitches, see the Husqvarna documentation noted below, or consult a sewing expert.
- Switch the foot.
- In the top drawer of the fabric storage cabinet below the Husqvarna, find the clear box labeled "Husqvarna Feet and Accessories".
- In the upper left-hand corner of the LCD, locate the foot display. Find the foot that looks like the display in the LCD.
- Raise the foot. On the front display, find the button at top right (with a picture of a foot and an up arrow), and press it. (In the following thumbnail, this is labeled as "1".)
- Swap in the new foot. (In the thumbnail, note the metal bar on the foot, labeled as "2". Snap this into the slot labeled "3".
To get more information:
See documentation as noted below, or see Craft Room warden.
Vacuum under the bobbin after every use to keep machine free of lint. Per the sewing shop tech, the machine does NOT need oil. During everyday use, a user may need to perform several basic maintenance actions. Those are noted in the links above. Service requiring removal of plastic casing should not be done by anyone other than the Husqvarna Viking technician. If security videos show work being done to the machine in this manner and problems are created as a result, you may be responsible for the $175 service call fee. Contact Jan Henry or Kevin Flory for issue requiring investigation and service, and a visit to the service center will be scheduled.
No advanced maintenance tasks have been identified.
What sizes are the embroidery hoops? What design size does the machine permit? What file format(s) are supported?
Jan: purchase additional bobbin thread and a backup ankle. Beyond better documentation and investigation into the design/execution toolchain, which are scheduled to be handled by the Coordinator, the Husqvarna has no pending to-dos.
Authorized Users and Trainers
|User Name||Authorized By||Date of Most Recent Training|
|Harpreet Mahal||Kevin Flory||07/15/2016|
|Trainer Name||Certified Date|