Jet 15 inch planer
|Jet 15 inch planer|
|Name||Jet 15 inch helical carbide cutter planer|
|Make Model||Jet 708543, JWP 15HH|
|Part Number||S/N 17081269|
|Storage Location||This machine is located in the Woodshop|
|Documentation||* Owners Manual
|Other References||* Planer consumables are on this list: Wood Shop Consumables|
This thickness planer is for use with kiln dried wood only and will create parallel top and bottom surfaces
Use only kiln dried wood, not plywood, composites or plastics is required for all users
Authorization Required for machine adjustments and blade changes
- For cutting wood or plastics, no metals
- Read, understand and follow the safety instructions found in the manual
- Keep fingers 6 inches from the blade
- Never clear small pieces while the blade is running
- Use push paddles, Do not push work with your hands.
- Keep guards in place
- Do not force the tool, it will do a better job at the rates it is designed for
- Wear proper apparel, do not wear loose clothing or other items that may get caught. Wear protective hair covering to contain long hair.
- Always wear Safety glasses.
Plan your cuts before making them
Before doing maintenance on the machine, disconnect it from the electrical supply by pulling out the plug or switching off the main switch! The table should be kept clean and free of rust. The lubricant in the gear box must be drained and replaced every 2,500 hours. Multi-purpose gear box lubricant will be suitable.
- Planer snipe - Table rollers not set, Inadequate support of long boards, Uneven feed roller pressure
- Infeed and outfield not set
- Poor feeding of lumber - planer table dirty, V belt sipping