Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20170214
Secretary's note: originally recorded minutes were lost in a crashed browser tab. This has been reconstructed from memory.
- Please update or tell me about anything wrong or missing.
- 1 Agenda for 02-14-2017
- 1.1 Officer Reports
- 1.2 Old Business
- 1.3 New Business
- 1.4 Space & Zone Discussions
- 1.5 Lost & Found Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 02-14-2017
Chair: Charlie R
Treasury and Budget Report for Jan, 2017
- Financial Grade: A-
- Emergency: $14K Checking : $1.8K BNektar: $3.1K Paypal: $0K Total: $18.9K
- Donations from Amazon smile ($88) and Humble ($1)
- Dues up for Dec. On budget, but still a little lighter than expected. Watching Feb
- Essentially a break-even month.
- Most expenses so far were reimbursements from Fab Lab construction.
Have begun work reviewing Bylaws and Standing rules to make some election- and board- operations related changes, so far documented here.
- Charlie will be filling in for Matt C in some onboarding tasks for the next 3 weeks.
Senior Vice President
- Vivian will be having a group from the Patent and Trademark Office at i3 for an event later this month
VP of Activities & Classes
- Nick has been holding bi-weekly show and tell events
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- Will be out of town for 3 weeks, but still handling the back end of onboarding.
VP of Membership-Retention
- Position unfilled
VP of Membership-Member Advocate
- Nothing new in the past month.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Feedback on draft of a new i3 Scholarship application by Matt C.
- Changing the Bylaws and Standing rules to:
- Let the members fill future vacancies on the Board
- Detail specific nomination and election timeframes and procedures for annual and special elections
- Specifically allow for electronic voting
- Better codify the rules the Board operates by, since most things are spread through meeting minutes or passed down verbally.
- Something like a "Board Standing Rules."
- Include stuff like what the current number of directors is (since it can change with board vote), how access control to things like the board mailing list should be done during transition periods, etc.
- Filling the new board vacancy
Action Item Review
|Schedule a coordinator meeting sometime in February||Jody||Evan will follow up with Jody|
|Notify members of resignation (Leora), ask if any member is interested in serving, contact Matt Arnold to inquire about availability.||David H||Done|
Filling VP of Member Retention position
Dana would like to take on the position. She has read and understands the description of duties.
Filling the board vacancy left by Leora
The three nominees, Matt, Tony, and Mark filled out the questionaire from the 2016 elections.
- Mark's was read through since not all had read it yet.
- He's been a member on and off since 2013, and was treasurer for a period.
- Several members noted that they didn't really know Mark and weren't clear on his level of involvement with i3 recently. Several members noted they felt engagement is important in a candidate.
- Has good energy, doesn't take crap, and seems to push for things to get done.
- Tony appeared at the meeting from being in the machine shop.
- Jan asked what he wants to work on and get done
- He wants to get things that have stalled moving again, and push forward on changes from the vision survey.
- Matt A
- He says based on what Tony just said, if he could vote he'd vote for Tony over himself.
- He also says he feels like a known quantity, and he's done a lot of what he wants to do here already.
Space & Zone Discussions
- Treehouse - We should see if Karianne needs help getting situated or requesting budget
- Bathrooms - There have been complaints about the lighting in the large bathroom and the cleanliness in both bathrooms.
- Charlie was taking point on bathroom renovation but hasn't had time for it. He has a specific grant in mind. Jan will take over looking into that grant. Lew mentioned he has a professional grant writing friend, and Dana offered help as someone who has (nonprofessionally) written grant proposals before.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:45
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 14
|Update the list of officers and directors.||Mike|
|Follow up with Jody about the zone coordinators meeting.||Evan|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Appoint Tony Slover to fill the vacnacy on the Board of Directors||Evan||Matt G||6||0||PASS|
|Appoint Dana Nelson as VP of Member Retention||Alec||Evan||6||0||PASS|
- Charlie R
- Mike F
- Jan H
- Matt A
- Mike W
- Evan A
- Matt G
- Tony S
- Terry W
- David H
- James O
- Vivian S
- Lewis D
- Dana N
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20170124||Board Meeting Minutes 20170314|