Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20201110
- 1 Minutes for 11-10-2020
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 11-10-2020
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:37 Virtual
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising you hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversation, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of whats going on.
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/0/0b/October2020ProfitandLoss.pdf
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($22,032.98)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($54,674.46)|
Current worst-case is 17 months (Assuming all bills continue, with zero income.)
- Slightly Concerned about the Dues, PLEASE RE-UP your YEAR PAY DUES
- The new Laser purchase exists which was a major expense this last month
- Can be reviewed in October Profit and Loss
- Reviewed Profit and Loss by Class, "Not Specified" indicates our dues are a little low and we are showing that we are spending more than we have going in. The Pandemic was not anticipated with the dues increase. Current spending habits are not sustainable long term if we do not adjust appropriately come budget meeting, and get people on their dues plan appropriately
- Budget meeting is in December, and a plan is being formed for identifying the formation and shape of the Budget meeting
- Budget meeting survey pending
- The total net is higher than expected because we spent less than we initially allocated
- Interim Secretary has no report
- A proper Secretary is desired
- Being very picky about COVID Rules: FOLLOW THE RULES!!!!!
- Calendar Entry Rule Proposal Pending to clarify how many calendar entries need to exist per person
Senior Vice President
- Currently acting as Interim Secretary
- Has not done last action item, is now in planner will do it!
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
- New Member Socials are online they are every other week
- Pot Luck was last weekend
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
- 2 Member => Hiatus
- 1 Hiatus => Inactive
- 3 Onboarding => Membership
- 1 Scholarship expiration
- 1 Scholarship start
Scholarship fund update:
- 11 Members on scholarship
- $539 Allocated (of $791 available)
- Average value of $49/scholar
Key re-activation progress:
- 149 keys have been reactivated (of the 279 currently in the door)
Going forward, new member appointments will be in-person as long as new people are comfortable with doing so (unless/until rules change anyway)
Member Changes March 1st - November 1st 2020:
- 72 membership plans ended (One $49 all the rest were $59) of these:
- 30 were the treasurer cleaning up plans for people who left and didn't tell us
- 5 left either in good standing (or switched to no plan at all)
- 34 went on Hiatus
- 3 switched to scholarships
- During the same period 5 members returned from hiatus or otherwise being gone
Bottom line: We lost ~35 dues-paying (probably) members during the last 8 months, cleaned about the same number of zombie plans out of the CRM and picked up ~5 new people! According to Seltzer we have 134 $59 members as of 11/1. This is all based off of plans in Seltzer
- We can start poking those that went on Hiatus that indicated they wanted to be informed when the space was open at all
- Discussion about the On-Boarding process happened, conclusion was the Pandemic was more of the issues than the process
- Discussion about including more advertising that we are Open, but provisionally
- We need to be aware of the financial repercussions from lack of membership, and the repercussions of the Pandemic on the next few years of available spending
- There may be some other financial options that we need to pursue over the next few months to keep i3Detroit building space open, this will be discussed over this next while
- Action Item: Jamie - Will advertise on FB that we are OPEN and Friday Night Hangouts exist.
- Action Item: Mel - Will discuss in Fundraising Committee about having a general DONATE to i3 for the Holidays.
- No Report
- Ashley has poked the fire marshal, but has not received an answer.
- Mel is keeping track of the fire door between the sides but it isn't right yet, so we have not paid them yet.
- No Report - Election Interrupted
- There was a fundraising idea and it will be forwarded
- No Report
- No Report
Camera Review Review
- Mike and Matt - A Challenge to review that it was just a door test, and it has been emailed to the list.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Evan, Mark, Ashley, David, and Mel are handling COVID Policy Violations Paperwork Tracking and Auditing.
- Action Item: Mel - Making a Slack channel for discussing the the paperwork and the auditing process for the team.
Outstanding action items
- Action Item: Ashley - Table for next month the Insurance information
Tax Attorney meeting is at the end of the month, you can talk to Mel.
Action Item Summary
|Making a Slack channel for discussing the the paperwork and the auditing process for the team.||Mel|
|Table for next month the Insurance information||Ashley|
|Will advertise on FB that we are OPEN and Friday Night Hangouts exist.||Jamie|
|Will discuss in Fundraising Committee about having a general DONATE to i3 for the Holidays.||Mel|
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Motion to approve last months minutes||Mel||Paul Frick||7||0||PASS|
|Appoint David Henry as Secretary||Mark||Mel||7||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 20:37
- Funds appropriated: 0
- Attendees: 10
- Jamie Burdeski
- A'Lisa Krawciw
- Paul Frick
- Jody Raiford
- Matt Carpenter
- Jan Henry
- David Henry
- Ashley Lesser
- Mark Furland
- Mel Gilchrist
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20201013||Board Meeting Minutes 20201208|