Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210112
- 1 Minutes for 01-12-2021
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 01-12-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:12 by Jamie
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: https://www.i3detroit.org/wi/images/e/e6/2020-12-ProfitandLoss.pdf
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($22,522.71)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($53,528.00)|
Note: When looking at the financial report, there is some oddness because in 2020 we changed the way recorded zone funds. Other things to note is the high dues, from people renewing yearlies, and the high donations from year-end giving.
- No updates.
- No updates.
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
VP of Membership-Onboarding
Membership changes since last meeting:
- 1 Member => Inactive
- 3 Scholarship expiration
Scholarship fund update:
- 7 Members on scholarship
- $353 Allocated (of $791 available)
- Average value of $50/scholar
Key re-activation progress:
- 151 keys have been reactivated (of the 279 currently in the door)
With the holidays it was a slow month for membership changes and key activations
- Have COO, Working on planning. Come to wiki Potlock on Saturday to work on wiki.
- No update.
- Reports only expected in July.
- Nothing to report.
- Meeting minutes approved by consensus
- Action Item: Mel - Start a google doc to communicate to Member F by December 11 (Done)
Camera Review Review
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- slack board:
- discussion about disciplinary issue
- city and the CoO
- budget request sheet
- email to board spams
- slack leadership:
- budget reminder and discussion of chairing
- slack advocate:
- suggestion to start code of conduct committee
- discussion of disciplinary issue
- board and leadership lists:
- announcement of CoO
- disciplinary discussion
- leadership orientation
- budget survey
- expansion build out budgeting
- zone lock box changes (new locks in infrastructure cabinet, possible work during Potlock)
- communication w/members re COVID access rules
- budget requests
- missing rent and water bills
- What to do with Bumblebee
- Evan to assist with coordination of sale.
Outstanding action items
- Will skip the discussion on how the proposed budget total was obtained, but it's available.
- There is a total that we need to spend on expansion as part of the MEDC fundraising efforts. About $54K of $101K has already been spent to date.
- There is also a total for other funds that do not have restrictions on allocation.
- Some of the unspent expansion funds are already allocated.
- Wiki zone funds page lists the total for each zone. Will have donations as well as money previously allocated by the board.
- Insurance costs are not known as the contract will change this year.
- Guessing and average on 2019/2020 for utility payments.
- A guestimate on membership is that it has largely stabilized, and not anticipating significant changes in membership.
- It's estimated that revenue is close to expenses for the year, so there will not be much to allocate from this source.
- Expansion build out estimates were done about a year and a half ago, but are probably still reasonable, however, materials costs have gone up considerably. The estimates are probably low as they stand now.
- Does not include estimates for infrastructure on B, side.
- The two challenges of spending all of the grant funding on time, but also not running out of money are opposed.
- Zone requests are somewhat low due to both lower spend in 2020 as well as the request to limit funds requested.
- eLab: Ok to let someone else handle expansion build out. Does request that outlets are flush mounted, beyond that.
- Woodshop: $540 for tables $200 clamps $150 router table. The remainder is under expansion. Tables will be mobile, and at a counter height for working when standing.
- Fablab: $300 for shelving for new printers.
- Commons: There was funding allocated for tables that was not spent. As the individuals with specific plans are no longer coordinating efforts, this can be handled along with the rest of tables and who is working on it.
- Laser: $500 for laser exhaust.
- Sewing: $175 for machine maintenance. Existing funds allocated under expansion. OK with someone else handling purchase of supplies four build out, but would like input into the process.
- Craft: $100 consumables. Supplies do get used for i3 in addition to member projects.
- CNC: $1200 maintenance and fixtures. Note that $3K was allocated space wide for emergency maintenance, but none was spent.
- Injection molding: $0 Nothing needed at this time.
- Media Lab: $570: Color calibrator, and renewal of Adobe. Expect supplies need for expansion to be covered by expansion. Media lab will use existing eLab desks after the move, and then eLab will need new desks.
- 3K emergency fund. Should be listed and available as needed. Treasurer can approve if available.
- How much money do we have left un-allocated for expansion, that we need to spend for the grant?: $21K
- If there is funding left as build out nears completion, entry doors are a good idea. This would be near the grand opening time frame of September/October.
- Evan and Mike can jointly share on expansion
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Allocate $21861.67 to the expansion committee of Evan and Mike for expansion of the space.||Mel||Mark||7||0||PASS|
|Budget $4135 for zone funds as specified in the zone funds document.||Evan||Mark||7||0||PASS|
- Time completed: 21:02
- Funds appropriated: $25,996.67
- Attendees: 18
- David Henry
- Jan Henry
- William Kent
- Robert A. Burns
- Nate B
- Melissa Gilchrist
- Jody Raiford
- Matt Carpenter
- Mike Fink
- Paul Frick
- Jamie Burdeski
- Paul Lee
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20201208||Board Meeting Minutes 20210209|