Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210309
|This is an agenda, the meeting minutes have not been put online yet.|
- 1 Agenda for 03-09-2021
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Officer Reports
- 2.3 Committee Reports
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 03-09-2021
Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX
i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
- Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
Treasurer & Budget
Treasurer's report: February 2021 Financial Report
|Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc.||($25,872.54)|
|Allocated to Expansion (MEDC)||($46,502.88)|
Senior Vice President
VP of Activities & Classes
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
VP of Membership-Onboarding
- We're working on a survey of members and community people who have been helped by i3 to gather data for potential funders. There's a draft at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zZBrGuqWxnk_F6nJ9v0-UcGTU3R-jOKR__Wuf35m0tc/edit?usp=sharing and more people helping with words is always welcome. Planning another meeting next Tuesday before the member meeting to work on fixing it up more and hoping to send it out by the end of the month.
Reports only expected in July.
- Link to last months minutes
Camera Review Review
- Mel and Tim did a camera review of Woodshop due to equipment left in an unacceptable state. Covid violations were also found, so the whole situation has been referred to board. We're discussing things with the advocates outside of this meeting.
Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting
- Slack Board channel:
- Slack Leadership channel:
- Slack Board and Advocates channel: discussing the results of the above camera review now.
- Board List: Every message between February 9 and March 4 was from the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce.
- Leadership List: February 9-March 4 were Ferndale CoC messages. Tim Clayson wrote Leadership to request a camera review and Mel responded to the message.
Outstanding action items
- What's the status on getting insurance quotes?
- * Placeholder to discuss The potential "Revenue Enhancement" and Member benefits of offering "Supplemental Storage Plot Space" (BSide).
- Last month a Champion was suggested to lead research and figure out how it all works?
- What would be an appropriate monthly "donation", "fee", "rent?".
- Rick Cortright has volunteered to Champion the initiative as he may want to test the program and no one else stepped up.
- He hopes to start a small business but would not commit to a stand alone facility until proving the business case (fire tables).
- He may be interested conservatively in 60 sf (10x6) to 120 sf (10x12) of space to store materials on large shelves and on the floor.
- A required step should be to ensure that Zone Coordinators effected would have first right of refusal... so to speak.
- This could be a pilot to help identify potential benefits and issues that have yet to be imagined.
- Is there a current Storage Coordinator?
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Time completed:
- Funds appropriated:
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Board Meeting Minutes 20210209|