Minutes:Board Meeting Minutes 20210309

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 03-09-2021

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX

i3 Detroit 1481A Wordsworth St. Ferndale, MI 48220

Or

Virtual

Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.

Officer Reports

Treasurer & Budget

Treasurer's report: February 2021 Financial Report

Bank balance $118,651.96
Emergency Fund ($30,000)
Allocated to Zones/SIGs/etc. ($25,872.54)
Allocated to Expansion (MEDC) ($46,502.88)
Net $16,276.54

Secretary

President

Senior Vice President

VP of Activities & Classes

VP of Membership-Onboarding

Member Advocate

Committee Reports

CRM Committee

Expansion Committee

Fundraising Committee

Safety & Compliance Committee

No update.

Reports only expected in July.

Moderation Committee

Old Business

  • Motion:
    Motion to approve last months minutes
    Moved by Mover; Seconded by Second
    Ayes Ayes / Nays Nays
    Result: PASS
    • Link to last months minutes

Camera Review Review

  • Mel and Tim did a camera review of Woodshop due to equipment left in an unacceptable state. Covid violations were also found, so the whole situation has been referred to board. We're discussing things with the advocates outside of this meeting.

Summary of Board List/Slack Discussions since last meeting

  • Slack Board channel:
  • Slack Leadership channel:
  • Slack Board and Advocates channel: discussing the results of the above camera review now.
  • Board List: Every message between February 9 and March 4 was from the Ferndale Chamber of Commerce.
  • Leadership List: February 9-March 4 were Ferndale CoC messages. Tim Clayson wrote Leadership to request a camera review and Mel responded to the message.

Outstanding action items

  • What's the status on getting insurance quotes?

New Business

  • * Placeholder to discuss The potential "Revenue Enhancement" and Member benefits of offering "Supplemental Storage Plot Space" (BSide).
  • Last month a Champion was suggested to lead research and figure out how it all works?
  • What would be an appropriate monthly "donation", "fee", "rent?".
  • Rick Cortright has volunteered to Champion the initiative as he may want to test the program and no one else stepped up.
  • He hopes to start a small business but would not commit to a stand alone facility until proving the business case (fire tables).
  • He may be interested conservatively in 60 sf (10x6) to 120 sf (10x12) of space to store materials on large shelves and on the floor.
  • A required step should be to ensure that Zone Coordinators effected would have first right of refusal... so to speak.
  • This could be a pilot to help identify potential benefits and issues that have yet to be imagined.
  • Is there a current Storage Coordinator?

COWBELL

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.


Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Funds appropriated:
  • Attendees:

Attendance

  1. Chair
  2. Secretary


Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Board Meeting Minutes 20210209