Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20141118
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20141104||Meeting Minutes 20141202|
- 1 Agenda for 11-18-2014
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Space Project Updates
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.6.1 Bike Zone
- 1.6.2 CNC Zone
- 1.6.3 Compute Zone
- 1.6.4 Craft Room
- 1.6.5 E Lab
- 1.6.6 Fab Lab
- 1.6.7 Infrastructure Zone
- 1.6.8 Injection Molding
- 1.6.9 Kiln Zone
- 1.6.10 Laser Zone
- 1.6.11 Metal Shop
- 1.6.12 Sky Zone
- 1.6.13 Tool Crib
- 1.6.14 Tree House
- 1.6.15 Vinyl Zone
- 1.6.16 Welding Zone
- 1.6.17 Wood Shop
- 1.7 SIGs
- 1.8 Action Items
- 1.9 Broom Party
- 2 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 11-18-2014
Chair: Brian McPherson
New People-Thomas, Norman, "Jamie", Cameron, Jake, Richard, Mark
Show and Tell
- A Tribble has Appeared! ( <3! )
- John Fader: Piece of wood? For a Gun?
Action Item From Last Meeting: Terry - send email to the list about pop fund warden
- Nate B has started using a group to-do list app for buying soda
- Everything old is new again: Back in crowd-labor mode, with app-enabled coordination among volunteers. Oooo, futuristic!
from Last Meeting: Justin - Send out a T-Shirt survey to the members
- Automatic External Defibrilator
- Nate B: Philips HeartStart OnSite AED has been ordered, will mount cabinet at potlock, training plans to follow
- Yay safety!
- The guys next door (Vix-Kirsch Vending,not B Nektar) are moving out (to the old Rocky Peanut place, looks like)
- Some people went on tours of the space on Saturday.
- The outcome of (what is now several days of) their collective brainstorming is on the whiteboard (and the wiki) for anyone to edit/comment on.
- Images of the inside, and a revision history of the whiteboard, are on our new gallery
- Still very theoretical
- Need to make sure the new space will fit the requirements of i3 moving forward? -Sky Zone Coordinator Baumann
Solid Edge Class
- Point of contact: Konrad B AKA harlie
- Happening at i3 sometime in February
- Siemens will teach us how, and i3 will make it fun!
- The Henry Ford will help support the event
Open Board Position
- Vote is still open! Check your email! Closes tomorrow at 9pm-ish
- Nikki wants there to be videos on youtube demonstrating tools in their zone
- Lucas will help with the editing and uploading
- Lou (wearing blue!) also has lighting and camera equipment
Space Project Updates
- Point of Contact: Konrad B
- Survey report
- Variety of sprayables used
- Majority of people want a paint booth
- Optimal length seems to be 6'
- Mixed response on whether sprayables should be outlawed
Tables in Lounge
- Desks are almost done
- Can't build shelves yet because desks are in heavy use
- Next step: buying chairs! ($500 budget)
- Jersey has some chairs of dubious quality
mostly in hibernation
- Cut four prototype aluminum enclosures for Derek K. and his Kickstatrer project.
- Turned out really nice.
- Started working with Anthony G. on his aluminum heater block (part of a 3D printer).
- First part cut worked as planned on the 3D printer.
- Brian M. did some work on his project - CNC monitor stand.
- Got the compressed air dryer moved over and piped in (thanks to Brian M.).
- Fabed a new bracket to hold the dryer controller.
- Getting ready to start work on a new instrument plate for a second pallet.
- Busy busy busy.
- updated the wiki!
- Or you could, like, you know, ask Justin, or whatever.
- Laptop running a "server" to demo the new potential CRM
- New Potential CRM: Tendenci
- Based on python
- Completely ready except Amazon Payments
- Kevin wants to know what classes people want to take!
- Calligraphy, gilding, other crafty things, let Kevin know!
- The next two zone-orientations, which were to fall on Thanksgiving and Christmas, have been cancelled and removed from the calendar. Please contact Nate B directly if you'd like a check-out on a tool or whatever.
- Pegasus 3D printer delivery late November or early December
- Rostock MAX is down, again
- Someone stole the pneumatic fittings that make it work
- Andrew is getting tired of the random abuse his personal property is taking and is considering not allowing the i3Detroit community access to the printer anymore if this keeps up
- Actually back up as of tonight, thanks for replacing bits.
- Did we mention the new lights last meeting? There are new lights and they are awesome.
- New Zone, the Laziest Zone
- Evan A is the new Coordinator (the Laziest Coordinator)
- We have a now and it has todo items, please add as you see fit, or tell me what you need and we'll get it done. Or help get things done! (But also update the ZW)
- Migrated to Soekris box for our router (same configuration, new smaller footprint).
- Moved out of the big tall network rack and onto the wall.
- Large molder is wired, Hydraulic system is working, barrel moves forward/backwards.
- Clamp doesn't respond to controls. Safety sensor may not be engaging or controller may be bad, more testing needed.
- Hydraulic leak at clamp piston, new seals most likely needed, Leak is small currently.
(No further communication from the Windsor folks who had expressed interest; consider that dead. -- Nate B)
- Class on the small one? Need molds for it, and it only takes 3"x3"x3" molds
Kiln Zone Updates are given in the First Tuesday meeting.
We still have a Laser Zone
- Metal shop wardenship still in transition-possibly soon to be Levi
- Still having problems with folks not cleaning up in the Shop!
- There is a mystery endmill hanging in the Bridgeport right now.
- Crap on the mill needs to be cleaned up by the last user too.
- New blade installed on the Dake.
- Expensive blade - please use with care.
- Tuned up the Dake for near perfect strait square cuts.
- The Sky Zone has been up 100% of the last month.
- No one expressed interest in the common area lighting/decorative lighting project.
- Currently investigating replacement of remaining T12 fixtures, may assemble budget request.
- Authorization policy now posted for drills -- only the big rotary hammer requires personal checkout -- drill nest labels still need updating
- Bought new tools
- Proxxon Rotary Tool, commonly known as a dremel
- Fish Tape
- zone warden not here
- still looking at new laptop/software
- Old welders are gone AND WE ACTUALLY GOT THE CHECK!
- going to make a cart out of old sheet metal
- soon going to have a downdrafft table
- 4th screen made by Nikki-first real welding project!
- New sander & Bandsaw ordered
- Going to put in dust collector drops at potlock
- need a place to permanently store #3 and our new car #33
- L'Anse Creuse ARC Swap is Sunday Dec 7th at L’Anse Creuse High School.
- LCARC is raffling off an IC-7200 HF Radio.
- If i3 wants a club table there for PR or to sell some stuff,
- Matt will get a table, Justin will coordinate members
- i3 now has an antenna! (mostly)
- This Saturday HAM people will finish the cabling
- Hopefully they will start making calls
- Kevin may coordinate with Ashley to take over reporting at meetings
no action items
- Time completed: 8:30ish
- Funds appropriated: $0
- Attendees: 33