Powermatic Belt and Disc Sander
|Powermatic Belt and Disc Sander|
|Name||Powermatic Belt & Disc Sander|
|Make Model||Powermatic Medel 31A|
|Part Number||S/N 140914380|
|Storage Location||This machine is located in the Woodshop|
|Documentation||* Owners Manual|
|Other References||* Sander consumables are on this list: Wood Shop Consumables|
This sander is only for sanding wood and soft non-metalic materials that will not clog the sandpaper
Authorization Required, Read, understand and follow safety instructions found in the users manual
- Materials, This sander is not for metals, only use on wood and some plastics or composites
- Eye Safety is required using approved safety shield, glasses, or goggles (common eye glasses are not approved)
- Personal Protection. Before operating the machine, remove tie, rings, watch and other jewelry and roll up sleeves above the elbows. Remove all loose outer clothing and confine long hair.
- Guards: Keep the machine guards in place at all times when the machine is in use.
- Work Area: Keep the floor around the machine clean and free of scrap material, saw dust, oil and other liquids to minimize the danger of tripping or slipping.
- Belt and Disc Direction. Proper belt direction is from the idler pulley towards the drive pulley. Proper disc rotation is counterclockwise facing the disc. CAUTION: Sand on the section of the disc from the center to the left edge. DO NOT use the right hand portion for sanding.
- Hand safety. Keep fingers and hands away from the belt or disc. DO NOT clear sawdust from the table with the hands; use a brush. On small or thin parts, use a push stick or jig to keep the hands from contacting the abrasive. If using the optional fence, avoid getting fingers too close to the fence to prevent pinching. Never wear gloves while operating the sander.
The belt and disc sander can be equipped with a variety of abrasives and grit sizes to handle a wide variety of materials. It can be used to rapidly remove material and produce a mirror finish. Using various types of fixtures, they can be used to sand template forms, angles, freehand contours, and flats on edges, surfaces and ends.
Authorized Users and Trainers
|Trainer Name||Certified Date|
|User Name||Authorized By||Date of Most Recent Training|
|Brandon Biller||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|william Cunningham||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Adam Scholl||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Cameron Geralds||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Leonard KH||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Matt Gardeski||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|David Jewell||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Kevin Flory||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|David Henry||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Levi Morey||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Charlie Rysenga||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Brian McPherson||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|
|Konrad Brown||Greg Smith||2015/01/06|