Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20181218
- 1 Agenda for 12-18-2018
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 12-18-2018
- Mel is the treasurer. Ask her money questions.
- Art is not an experienced member but he, along with Alec, is one of the Member Advocates
- Paul is VP of Activities and Classes. Talk to him about class ideas and such.
- Tony runs the machine shop.
New Members & Guests
- Jim is a new member and this his first meeting since joining. He's here with two guests Emily and Joanie. He's also an electrical contractor.
- Jaremi is in the process of joining and he makes baskets and bows
- Chris is from Oxford, MI, and he's a knife maker.
- Tom has been visiting for a few months. He likes fixing electronics like phones and laptops. He's from Australia.
- Austin is a professional nerd and roboticist.
Show and Tell
- Paul made a bluetooth LED phone audio visualizer.
- Mike Prime has some Cray supercomputer RAM chips that he's cast in clear resin to serve as coaster.
- Art Made some laser-engraved family photo and laser-cut gift box.
- Drew made a wood spiral cribbage board on the orange CNC Woodrouter
- David has made a gigantic combination Luggage/Wardrobe out of welded aluminum diamond plate and angle aluminum, complete with large casters, D-rings, handles, and latches. It fits a person with plenty of room to spare, and still fits in a truck bed.
- Austin has several in-progress knives he's working on.
- We're in the middle of negotiating the lease for our side of the building, and while that was happening B. Nektar gave notice on move-out. So we are working to sign a new 5 year lease on our current space to start January 1 and a separate lease for the other side of the building to start February 1.
- Jim asks about the possibility of buying a building.
- Mel: She has been working on that but isn't confident we'll be in a position to qualify for a mortgage for a few years.
- Game Night Thursday.
- Friday is the winter solstice.
- Dec. 30 - Intro to CNC class.
- Working to categorize zone equipment on the wiki.
- Wolverine's tube died. It was still under warranty so a replacement has been ordered. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of the year.
- The chiller for the TIG welder now turns on automatically! Yay!
- Jody reminds that welding classes happen by request. Slack, email, text, or call Jody.
- There will likely be a TIG class in early January.
- Motorsports has a pile of car.
- There's a new 'Jeep' chassis to replace Car #3.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 7:53
- Attendees: 29
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Mike F
- Arthur M
- Chris P
- Tony S
- Matt C
- Matt F
- Ross S
- Ruth S
- Marc S
- Steve N
- Drew J
- Paul L
- Austin A
- Mike W
- Mark F
- Karianne G
- Mel G
- Thomas D
- Joanie B
- Emily C
- Jim B
- David H
- Jaremi D
- Jeff B
- Nick H
- Jody R
- Frank L
- Greg G
- Dave S