Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20190102
- 1 Agenda for 01-02-2019
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.6 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 01-02-2019
Chair: Matt C
- Liz lives in Montreal. She knows about the embroidery machine and the resin 3d printer.
New Members & Guests
- Conrad is from Hamtramk and likes laser cutting and CNCing
Show and Tell
- Liz has held 9 embroidery lessons in the past couple days, and Greg has several very fancy, detailed embroidered things to show off which were made on the "old crappy" machine, not the shiny new ones.
- Art has a laser engraved thread board.
- Monday April 1, 2019 will mark the 10th anniversary of the founding of i3Detroit-the-organization.
- Thursday October 3 will be the anniversary of Grand Opening, when we officially invited the public.
- Should we mark either, perhaps both? Consider planning around buildout of next door...
- Tabletop gaming tomorrow, Jan. 3, 7 pm
- TIG welding class Jan. 4, 6:30 pm
- Laser cutter training Jan 7, 7:30 pm
- Maker Faire Planning Meeting Jan 12, 12 pm
- New Xacto blades in the drawer cost $0.40
- There will be a new training regimen for our embroidery machines that Liz is heading up.
The electronics lab has been the site of an EPIC BATTLE between CHAOS AND ORDER.
On the side of chaos and deterioration:
- EC3 connectors were all gone, nobody mentioned using the last one
- JST-SM pigtails were all gone, nobody mentioned using the last one
- XT-60 connectors were gone, nobody mentioned using the last one
- All the FRAM chips were gone, nobody mention using the last one
If the lab is used primarily by people who ARE INCAPABLE OF SENDING EMAIL, it will descend into chaos!
With apologies to Edmund Burke, all that is required for EMPTY DRAWERS to triumph is for good men to do nothing!
However, all hope is not lost! The forces of order and cleanliness have also been on the march, spearheaded by Charlie and supported surely by numerous others. I know Charlie specifically because he pointed out when the vacuum cleaner went kaput.
HEROES, WE SALUTE YOU.
- Please remember to put your contact info and time estimates on the whiteboard when using a kiln.
- Please don't mess with someone else's project without talking to them first (within reason). Posting to Slack first is appreciated.
- Sparks fly with loud sounds.
- Noise abatement would be nice.
- We have plans for this.
- #3 refurbishment
- Frame stripped for rust removal and repaint
- Working on new car for this season. Minor updates on frame, working on battery pack design.
- Monday night Ham classes are starting back up in the new year. Join the Slack channel and watch the calendar for details. Sign up with the Hazel Park Amateur Radio Club.
- Kevin & Mel are planning a class on the letterpress in February. Look for a whenisgood before the end of the month.
- Time completed: 7:46
- Attendees: 16
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Mike F
- Greg G
- Andy L
- Yasmine A
- Brian M
- Frank A
- Conrad E
- Jacob H
- Jeff P
- David H
- Charlie R
- Arthur M
- Paul L
- Andrew L
- Liz C
- Matt C
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20181218||Meeting Minutes 20190115|