Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20181204
- 1 Agenda for 12-04-2018
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 1.5.1 Bicycle Shop
- 1.5.2 Classroom
- 1.5.3 CNC Zone
- 1.5.4 Commons Area
- 1.5.5 Compute Zone
- 1.5.6 Craft Room
- 1.5.7 Electronics Lab
- 1.5.8 Fab Lab
- 1.5.9 Graveyard
- 1.5.10 Infrastructure
- 1.5.11 Injection Molding
- 1.5.12 Jewelry Zone
- 1.5.13 Kiln Zone
- 1.5.14 Laser Zone
- 1.5.15 Leather Loft
- 1.5.16 Machine Shop
- 1.5.17 Media Lab
- 1.5.18 Sky Zone
- 1.5.19 Tool Crib
- 1.5.20 Vinyl Zone
- 1.5.21 Welding Zone
- 1.5.22 Wiki
- 1.5.23 Wood Shop
- 1.6 Space Project Updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 12-04-2018
Chair: Vivian or Lew
New Members & Guests
Show and Tell
- The board is just about to put out the request to Zone Coordinators for 2019 budget requests which will be finalized next month. Members can let zone coordinators what stuff you'd like to see in the zones.
- Look for a survey about dues soon, best to get this done before the budget meeting next week.
Holiday i3 Tree
- How about Setting up a tree with examples of things our members have made? It would include things that are available for sale.
- i3 Inspired New Year's Eve Party!!!
Date/Time: 12/31/2018 - 8 pm -> 2 am
The theme is Mad Science!!! We will be making things with cardboard and SCIENCE!!
Break out your lab coats and bubbly test tubes.
Questions? Contact: James ODell Slack: jamesodell email@example.com
- Classroom has new chairs donated by Dhenry
- I'm working with Jody and Thomas to design and prepare a budget request for New Tables! -- Alec
- We are acquiring the file drawer unit and will be updating craft room storage soon.
- New paints were ordered, not yet arrived.
- Currently researching serger repair/replacement options, and a new embroidery machine. Making a budget estimate for roughly for what it would cost, since we don't have exact machines yet.
- Are there other specific equipment requests members have for craft and sewing? We need to submit budget request, so get your requests in.
- The embroidery machine repair resulted in the set screw we received, being incompatible with the special Q embroidery foot. Replacement parts have been ordered, so in the meantime, if you want to embroider, you can use the R foot we used for years prior to getting the Q foot.
- whenisgood going out soon for screen printing workshop!
- Also, a very basic intro to sewing is being considered. It would not involve any authorizations but would probably be similar to the CNC and injection molding previews. The challenge is knowing where to begin, as there is a lot of material to cover and it helps to be as focused as possible for new sewers. Please let Sewing know if you have specific requests for information so that we may have a starting point for those interested. Thank you.
- Soliciting budget ideas! If you use the lab but haven't registered your input, get on Slack and scroll back!
- Hot-air rework unit went kaput. Big thanks to Amelia Meyer for the loaner. New one is on order and should be in soon.
- Thank you Charlie for pointing out the pathetic state of the tweezers. Lots of new tweezers have arrived and are in the bin.
- Bumblebee was down for a few days (see mailing list), but it's better now and there doesn't seem to be any permanent damage.
- I'll be working on some better documentation on the particulars of how the laser should be set up, mainly things that aren't included in training because they aren't meant to be changed by anyone but can cause issues if they do end up wrong. This should also serve as the basis for an explicit list of things regular users should not touch because the implicit rule of "Don't fiddle with things you don't understand" may not be sufficient.
Space Project Updates
- whenisgood going out soon for no-sew tutu class!
- Wednesday sewing open sew night is tomorrow, 7-10 and Sew It's Sunday is on December 9.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed:
Action Item Summary
No action items.