Minutes: Meeting Minutes 20181120
1 Agenda for 11-20-2018
- 1.1 Introductions
- 1.2 Show and Tell
- 1.3 Old Business
- 1.4 New Business
- 1.5 Zone updates
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Agenda for 11-20-2018
- Jody runs the welding zone and is on the board of directors
- Vanessa is the new coordinator of the the kiln/ceramic zone
- John hasn't been around much lately but he's here now
New Members & Guests
- Hari just heard about i3 from a colleague today, he's an inventor
- Matt (yet another!) just joined last week, he's interested in electronics and power wheels racing series.
- Ben's an engineer at Ford, and Aisha has been trying to get him to come by. He does electronics and programming and has used the laser at Tech Shop
- Novella lives with Aisha and Ben and is also here to check it out.
- Drifter is a new member as of today
Show and Tell
- Parasol - Jan and David - lightning parasol with illuminated lichtenberg figure acrylic handle.
- Vanessa has a ceramic Michigan mug she fired in the kiln recently.
- The board is just about to put out the request to Zone Coordinators for 2019 budget requests which will be finalized next month.
- Members can let zone coordinators what stuff you'd like to see in the zones.
- Mel just finished our first full tax return, because this is the first year we've been large enough to have to file this. Thanks for all the work on that Mel!
New Years Eve Party
- POC: James O'Dell
- Thinking about throwing a Mad Science themed Cardboard NYE party at i3!!
- Create forts, costumes, decorations, etc out of cardboard, tape, paint, whatever
- Theme: Mad Scientist Laboratory
- Thoughts? Slack @jamesodell or firstname.lastname@example.org
See the Calendar for other upcoming events.
- Been collecting market price info on the pallet changer so we can list it for sale soon.
- One person in the authorization process for the Haas
- Working with Thomas on planning to build new tables for the Commons.
- Some minor zone cleanup and re-organization.
- Reminder: we're currently looking at which pieces of equipment to stock in the coming year, so let Kevin and Jan know what you'd like to see.
- There's a table that still needs to be rebuilt from the last Potlock if anyone wants to take that on. Mostly just some woodworking.
- Not much new to report. Made nice progress this year in developing more advanced tooling and process controls.
- Looking and adding more metal fab capabilities in the coming year. Let Jody know what you'd like to see added.
- Progress has been made on upgrading the wiki, base stuff seems to work on current mediawiki with some of the plugins. Now comes the fiddly bit, where we find between three and ten fiddly issues that are hard to demonstrate and come out of interactions between extensions.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed: 8:04
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Mel G
- Jody R
- Hari P
- Benjamin L
- Novella C
- Chad D
- Matthew F
- Vanessa L
- James O
- Greg G
- John P
- Cyrille G
- Dave S
- Matt C
- Alec B
- Brian M
- Kevin F
- Mark F
- Mike F
- David H
- Jan H