|Real Name||Kevin Flory|
|E-mail Address||[[E-mail Address::In CRM]], posted in Craft RoomURIs of the form "posted in Craft Room" are not allowed.|
|Phone Number||[[Phone Number::In CRM]], posted in Craft Room|
|Craft Room Coordinator|
|Authorized to use:||
Fabric Cutting Table and Giant Mat 4x8'
|Certified Trainer on:||
Husqvarna Designer SE
Call me, text me, or come see me in person. (I have 'office hours' Friday nights, and come to the space evenings about every 1-2 days.)
Craft Room Co-Coordinator
I served as the Craft Room sole coordinator from Winter 2012, and co-coordinator from 2017 onward (the lovely Jan Henry is the other.) I specialize in painting, drawing, and decorative arts; Jan is our sewing expert.
The user sidebar shows only part of the picture.
- I can also train on the small letterpress, along with Ashley Prescott-Lesser.
- Training is not required for the vinyl cutter, but I'll gladly show you how to use it.
- Training is not required for the small equipment in the Craft Room, but again, I'll gladly show you how to use it.
- Please note that **I'm no longer the resident trainer** on the Husqvarna embroidery machine. Our offsite expert is the fabulous Liz C (contact details in the CRM), and our onsite trainers are Greg Good and Jen Nagle.
Teaching and training is by appointment. I also schedule classes irregularly.
- Watercolor Basics
- Advanced Watercolor Technique (washes and gradation, underdrawing in ink, textural methods)
- Oil Painting Basics
- Advanced Oils (stretching canvases, glazing technique, blending technique, palette management)
- Mat Cutting
- Basic Gilding
- Basic Calligraphy
- Quill Pens
Teaching and training is by "just ask".
The piece is a student copy of a full-size oil painting by J. A. D. Ingres, a 19th-century French painter. However, it's been reduced to around 19% of the original, posing a bit of a miniaturization challenge. (The original is 1 x 1.467 m (3.2 x 4.8 ft); this copy is 19 x 28 cm (7.5 x 11 in)). I put in quite a few long nights working with a quill pen and fine brush!)
If teaching Bob Ross counts as hosting an event, I'm covered...although actually, the honors for this badge really belong to Matt O.