|Real Name||David Henry|
|E-mail Address||In [http://www.i3detroit.org/crm/ The CRM]URIs of the form "In The CRM" are not allowed.|
|Phone Number||Also in The CRM|
|Secretary: 2015-2016, 2020-2021, 2021-2022|
Board Member: 2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019, 2019-2020
|Authorized to use:||
Acer 1440G Lathe
|Certified Trainer on:||
Acer 1440G Lathe
Background, education in engineering, but I've only done software development and support professionally.
Stuff I'm reasonably to somewhat competent in:
Computers, Electronics, Woodworking, Plumbing, Vehicle Maintenance
Leather Work Purse with Heart Detail for Valentines Day 2015
- Belt and Bracelets made at the i3 Belt class in December 2014:
- Belt I made to wear to i3 and go with the tool theme:
Dollhouse Project: Build a doll hose for my niece. It stated out as a kit from the 70's my wife had, but was never assembled. The pictured view is composed to two separate kits only one of which was purchased, so the other is being scratch built based on pictures. There are a few design changes in progress too. It also needs an electrical system and lighting with individual room controls.
Foam Dressform: Plaster casting and filling a mold with polyurethane foam to create a custom dressform for sewing.
- Print out the 3D Scan from Theater Bizarre.
- Garage door keypad cover fix.
- Laser cut leather. Also need to fully design and construct some metal portions.
Irrigation Controller Replacement:
- Actually get my Raspberry Pi irrigation controller beyond the proof of concept phase.
- Integrate with the photo frame controller proof of concept too.
- Add in LED lighting controller as well.
- Add remote weather / moisture sensors to irrigation control for more intelligence.
Storage / Gift Boxes:
- Plywood storage boxes and nesting gift boxes. CNC or laser dovetail joints. Target size for storage boxes are 11 inch cubes with lids. Gift box size varies between nesting cube shapes, nesting shoe-box like shapes and semi nesting shirt box styles.
Eiffel Tower for garden:
- Build a scale model of the matchstick Eiffel tower. Final size based on actual dimensions of materials used, but somewhere between matchstick and original size.
- LED chandeliers. They'll need to be scaled down a bit more. I knew that one was going to get added to the to-do list as soon as the wife looked up and saw them. I'm thinking of cutting a double thick layer of boards glued together and hiding wires into routed channels. Or use wire that just hides well and isn't too noticeable.
- Tiny form factor LED pixel controller. Need to design a package that will fit in under 1/2" circular cross section along with the pixel string. String length will be about 9 to 10 feet. Also needs an on board accelerometer and wireless communications for receiving commands from a central controller. Try to find a reliable method to triangulate the position of multiple LED controllers.
- Update my pumpkins from C7 bulbs on borrowed DIY AC control hardware to an LED pixel string. Need to device single pixel boards with quick connectors (4 pole) in/out so a variety of cable lengths may be used. Need to plan for about 64 pixels. Currently about 40 channels used on a pair of 24 channel controllers.
LED Garage stair lights:
- Controlled by Raspberry Pi based on timing / garage door open triggers. Need to produce frosted acrylic or polycarbonate panels for upper edge of steps, cast into concrete. Also adjust steps so they are evenly distributed in height.
Mailbox / driveway sentinel:
- Integrate to communicate with the XBee Pro's. Also add the garage door opener control via XBee from vehicle when the driveway sensor is tripped.
- Current plan is to tap into VSS sensor and count pulses based on calibration. GPS logging isn't accurate and proprietary distance measurements are not readily available from the OBD2 port. Need to get the SainSmart IIC/I2C/TWI Serial 2004 20x4 LCD Modules working.
Bookcase - Hidden Door