Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20200804
- 1 Minutes for 08-04-2020
- 1.1 Meeting Location
- 1.2 Introductions
- 1.3 Show and Tell
- 1.4 Old Business
- 1.5 New Business
- 1.6 Zone updates
- 1.7 SIGs
- 2 COWBELL
- 3 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 08-04-2020
Virtual - Google Hangouts
Meeting was Called to Order At: 1933
Introduction of i3Detroit
- i3 is a word.
- James. What is time?
- Nate. Electronics lab coordinator, available via slack.
- A’Lisa. VP, pleas be nice to jamie
Show and Tell
- David Henry, recreating bedroom doorbell and alarm system
- A’Lisa, learned live on twitch how to do tatting. A type of knot work / lace making.
- Paul, Began experimenting with a tabletop simulator. Working towards the goal of starting a virtual game night.
- Paul A, Painting of new flowers being planted around the city.
- Previous action items.
- Jamie, follow up on tabled motion.
- Completed it is currently in committee.
- Mel, email the list about possible change to board terms.
- Done, found in the agenda.
- Mike, Follow up with ZC's about zone specific covid policies.
- Poked the zc slack channel. Will follow up again later, if members run into issues please bring it up in #covid-19-policy.
- Jamie, follow up on tabled motion.
- Alec has stepped down as advocate, but is staying on to help train Tom Drury.
- Thomas Tusano has stepped down from the board
- Some good ideas came out of the last onboarding brainstorming session a few weeks ago so there will be a follow-up this Wednesday (8/5) at 7PM
- Use the same hangouts link you would use for a normal meeting
- Results of the last discussion are linked in #onboarding-process on Slack
- Anyone with ideas is welcomed to join!
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
Board Terms Change from 1 year to 2
- Total number of nominations 25
- Total number accepted 2
- Total number of refusals 1
- Alec has stepped down a Coordinator.
- Tom Drury is now a co coordinator with Jody
- Working on the media kart so people don’t have to work in the media lab.
- Bought tools.
- Thomas has stepped as Coordinator.
- Car 3 has new batteries, and is preforming well even off road with trailers and multiple passengers.
- Currently on hiatus, exploring the opportunity for other shows.
How we got here
- We got B side.
- B side *maybe* has/had the B Nektar CoO, which doesn't let us do much.
- We make a plan, talk to the fire marshal, and come out of it thinking that putting up a 4 hour firewall solves our problems (as suggested by a previous fire marshal)
- We get inspected, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing sign off, fire marshal sends us a formal request for some kind of plan from an architect.
- We agree to Stucky Vitale Architects phase 1 code study for 17.5kUSD.
- They know we have 100kUSD absolute max, that is all the money we have.
- This should get the city the plan the fire marshal wants, and give us a list of code we need to meet.
- SVA makes a proposed scope of work that says "this plan should put this building up to code"
- Scott at the city collects responses from inspectors in response to proposed scope of work, they all want
- ventilation and plumbing plans
- a water fountain
- some probably small stuff
- SVA comes back saying "this is all part of planning phase 2, give us 20kUSD" "oh and also we estimate buildout at 250-280kUSD"
- Talk to SVA
- figure out what happened that we went from thinking we would pay them 17.5kUSD and then spend like 30-50k on fixing code problems to 300kUSD.
- Talk to Jordan Twardy, Ferndale Director Community & Economic Development
- Hopefully this person can help us figure out what our next steps would be
- Talk to attorney
- Review our lease to figure out what our actual obligations are in terms of CoO
- Talk to landlord
- Four outcomes:
- Legal battle with landlord, bad idea.
- Cooperate with the landlord and get things updated with his help.
- We pay for everything ourselves.
- We give up entirely on expanding and possibly move.
- Hopefully we agree on option 2.
Lost & Found Party
- Time completed:
Action Item Summary
No action items.
|Proposal||Moved By||Seconded By||Aye||Nay||Result|
|Change bylaws 5.5 from
Each director shall hold office for a period of one (1) year and until his or her successor is elected and qualifies.
Each director shall hold office for a two year period and until their qualified successor is elected. The terms shall be staggered two year terms established such that half rounded up of the positions are elected on odd numbered years and the remainder are elected in even numbered years. A Director appointed to fill the vacancy shall be appointed for the unexpired term of their predecessor in office.
5: Board of directors vacancy replacement:
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20200721||Meeting Minutes 20200818|