Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20201020

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Minutes for 10-20-2020

Chair: Jamie B.

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:35


Virtual Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising you hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversation, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of whats going on.


Introduction of i3Detroit

Bypassed by consensus due to lack of new members or new guests

Experienced Members

  • Paul Frick
Human Person.
Member since beginning of 2013.
Likes doing electronics and 3D printing.

New Members & Guests

  • Drew Lanagan
Been here as a persistent guest
Introduced here from Penguin-con
Been working on a multitude of projects including laser cutting gears and misc electronics projects.

Show and Tell

  • Drew: cAntenna, a PiZeroW in a can and using the can as an antenna. He’s gotten some success but would like some more help.
  • Robert: Modeled voronoi spheres for speaker risers. And 3D printed them
  • Nate: Modeled and printed a Microscope head holder with adjusters for height, the project is on thingiverse
  • Mike: Tool storage, 3D printed driver storage and mounted on the wall. They will be on thingiverse, they are a project fork modified for craftsman.

Old Business

  • n/a

Out Standing Action Items

  • None

New Business

Upcoming Events

PotLock November 7th, noon-6pm at the space and virtually on i3detroit.org/meet.

Regular Events

Friday, October 30
6:30-9PM: i3 Virtual Tour
Saturday, October 31
All Day: Halloween! Yaayy!?!?
4-6PM: [Virtual] Stitch 'N' B!t¢ħ
Tuesday, November 3
6:30-7:30PM: Fundraising Committee Meeting
7:30PM: November First Tuesday Member Meeting
There is a Discord, feel free to join for socialization and impromptu events.

Zone updates

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a


  • n/a

CNC Zone

  • n/a

Commons Area

  • n/a

Craft Room

  • n/a

Electronics Lab

  • n/a

Fab Lab

  • n/a


  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • n/a

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Kiln Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • n/a

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • HP DesignJet T1100 New Grey Photoblack Printhead

Tool Crib

  • n/a

Vinyl Zone

  • n/a

Welding Zone

  • The Dynasty TIG has officially gone on to its next great adventure.
  • The Hobart TIG will be getting wired in and tested in the upcoming weeks. The tasks needed for it will be posted on its wiki page (which I wouldn't mind a hand getting set up), and may be mirrored on the Zone todo page.
  • The short list is: figure out which power setting the Hobart wants and wire it into the building power; Set up the water cooler; Burn some rod. (Thinking about buying an air-cooled torch for alternate use, possibly with an extra long lead for flexibility). If anyone reading this has the time to jump on it before I get around to it, you're welcome to, just let us know here so we don't duplicate effort.

NOTE: The Hobart is a much more powerful machine, but less user friendly than the Dynasty was. Check your settings, and don't overload the torch!

  • In other news, we now have a Hossfeld #2 metal bender! (I think this is going to be Machine Shop, but I picked it up so I'm putting it here) Just needs to be mounted somewhere. Trying to get permission for that somewhere to be on B-side, but we'll see. If there's any specific dies you're interested in having, lets start a wishlist on the Hossfeld's wiki page (which I wouldn't mind a hand with creating...).


  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • New dust collector is on order. Given uncertainty of when we move to Bside, we will likely replace the crappy current DC with the new one. Help will be needed.
  • Dust control is always an issue in a woodshop. As a reminder, dust should be vacuumed from tools, around tools, and floor after use. Please leave it at least as clean as when you found it.
  • Safety comes first. Always think through your technique to cut/sand/carve before you do it to make sure you will be safe.

Space Project Updates

  • n/a



  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a



Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed: 20:08
  • Attendees: 11


  1. Chair : Jamie Burdeski
  2. Secretary : A'Lisa Krawicw
  3. William Kent
  4. Paul Frick
  5. Matt Carpenter
  6. Drew Lanagan
  7. Mike Fink
  8. Robert Burns
  9. Paul Lee
  10. Jan Henry
  11. David Henry

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20201006 Meeting Minutes 20201103