Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20201201
- 1 Minutes for 12-01-2020
- 2 Meeting Location
- 2.1 Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- 2.2 Introductions
- 2.3 Show and Tell
- 2.4 Old Business
- 2.5 New Business
- 2.6 Zone updates
- 2.6.1 Bicycle Shop
- 2.6.2 Classroom
- 2.6.3 CNC Zone
- 2.6.4 Commons Area
- 2.6.5 Craft Room
- 2.6.6 Electronics Lab
- 2.6.7 Fab Lab
- 2.6.8 Infrastructure
- 2.6.9 Injection Molding
- 2.6.10 Jewelry Zone
- 2.6.11 Kiln Zone
- 2.6.12 Laser Zone
- 2.6.13 Leather Loft
- 2.6.14 Machine Shop
- 2.6.15 Media Lab
- 2.6.16 Tool Crib
- 2.6.17 Vinyl Zone
- 2.6.18 Welding Zone
- 2.6.19 Wiki
- 2.6.20 Wood Shop
- 2.7 Space Project Updates
- 2.8 SIGs
- 3 COWBELL
- 4 Meeting Metrics
Minutes for 12-01-2020
Meeting was Called to Order At: 19:32 by Jamie Burdeski
Virtual Meeting Etiquette
- Be excellent.
- Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
- Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
- If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
- If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising you hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated). There is now a raise hand icon in Google meet!
- Please refrain from other side conversation, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of whats going on.
Introduction of i3Detroit
- Presented by a different volunteer each month - 2 minutes
- What we are:
- What we value:
- We determine success by:
- Welcome everyone!
- A'Lisa: Sr VP - now with cat. They [cat] likes to scream. Likes to sew and repair sewing machines.
New Members & Guests
- Kevin: Kalmazoo stopping in to say hi!
Show and Tell
- William: Apron in process made from scratch, based on a pattern. Good starter project.
- More hats [but not for cats] for the holidays. Design adjusts to heads as they grow.
- Sewing machine repairs in process. Cleaned and polished. One will be for sale soon.
- Jill: Made a pet bed.
- Greg: Snake cage is done! We only get a teaser photo for now. We'll get to look forward to a bigger presentation in the future.
- Nate: Using aluminum extrusion and cable ties to add storage to shelving.
- There was a reported case.
- i3 was cleaned and is now open again.
Out Standing Action Items
- Up coming Events https://www.i3detroit.org/#upcoming
- December 2nd, 7:00pm i3 Virtual Sewciety
- December 3rd, 7:00pm [Virtual] (Simulated) Tabletop Game Night
- December 3rd, 7:06pm i3 Rules & Stuff Work-group
- December 8th, 7:30pm [Virtual] Board Meeting
- December 11th, 6:30pm i3 Virtual Tour
- December 12th, 4:00pm [Virtual] Stitch 'N' B!t¢h (Hangouts)
- December 15th, 7:30pm Virtual Third Tuesday Meeting
- The new BOSS laser has not yet shipped.
Space Project Updates
- Expansion: There are no hold up's with getting the COO, other than actually getting the COO.
- The December Virtual Sewciety is the holiday edition. Pull up a chair by the fire, a candle, some lights etc, pour a drink, munch a snack, and share what you're working on or plan to do.
- Consider joining the Detroit area ASG Costumer's Group. Pre-post Covid we meet second Saturday in Auburn Hills but right now we're meeting online. Each month is a different topic. And it's not just sewing... there are group members who have made props and stuff out of thermalplastic, Worbla, etc and others who haven't but are interested in the topic so I expect it will be covered at some point. Membership is through the American Sewing Guild. Non-members may attend 3 meetings as guests.
- Chat in the sewing channel or i3TV channel on slack if you'd like to film some sewing/cosplay tutorials/vlogs for the i3 YouTube channel
- Other topics I'd like feedback on: frequency of virtual meetups (started out weekly but moved to monthly based on participation), meetup themes... what do you want to know about sewing? Costuming? Machines?
- I've been tracking a lot of YouTube content creators and ultimately what I'd like to do is provide online content for ourselves and the greater community and if they're received favorably I'd like to see it grow into a bonus donation concept via something like buymeacoffee. I've seen this work incredibly well for creators filming projects for themselves and basically being nothing more than likeable and entertaining. If this does turn into something for us, I want to designate it to help fund space and zone improvements. Expansion. More talk on it via a future fundraising meeting. I'm still researching.
- The i3 Virtual Sewciety is currently the only regular event on our calendar that is relevant for cosplayers. It is held only once per month, on the first Wednesday. Are there any ideas on other meetup times or virtual activities that cosplayers such as myself would be interested in?
- I am currently planning on holding a non-i3-related sew'n'chat meeting on Sunday at 8PM, but anyone here is welcome to attend. Look for a link to the Google meet in the cosplay slack channel soon.
- While I am currently working on a simple sewing project, I am also interested in learning how to finish, prime, and paint 3D-printed pieces, as well as how to best construct similar pieces out of EVA foam. If anyone is willing to share their skills (virtually or in-person), I would greatly appreciate it. Wjk (talk) 22:35, 30 November 2020 (EST)
- Jan Henry is offering to help coordinate/post/share your filmed content on the i3 YouTube channel.
- We need your content.
- We still need content.
- It's fine to re-use content you may have made for other places.
Action Item Summary
No action items.
- Time completed: 20:15
- Attendees: 16
- David Henry
- Jamie Burdeski
- Mike Fink
- William Kent
- Nate Bezanson
- A’Lisa Krawciw
- Patrick Guyon
- Robert Burns
- Matt Carpenter
- Paul Lee
- Paul Frick
- Greg Good
- Kevin Hayden
- Patrick Gyon
|Previous Meeting||Next Meeting|
|Meeting Minutes 20201117||Meeting Minutes 20201215|