Minutes:Meeting Minutes 20240402

From i3Detroit
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda for 2024-04-02

Meeting Location

Meeting was Called to Order At: XXXXXXXXX

https://i3detroit.org/hangout and at i3Detroit

Hybrid Meeting Etiquette

  • Be excellent.
  • Attendance and voting can be found in the #meetings slack channel.
  • Please show up early if you are concerned about your audio.
  • If there is no one waiting to speak feel free to do so at the next opportunity.
  • If there is someone waiting to speak, please say that you are raising your hand in the google call chat. (This will be demonstrated)
  • Please refrain from other side conversations, these can be distracting for the rest of the meeting and make it difficult for the chair to keep track of what's going on.
  • If you're in the space remember that having a single person speaking at a time is helpful for those attending online.


Experienced Members

  • n/a

New Members & Guests

  • n/a

Show and Tell

  • n/a

Old Business

Past praise:

Osama's Cutting Board Class was awesome - Eventbrite works! Every class we've had on there has sold out!

Cleaning day was a HUGE success!

Outstanding Action Items

New Business

Upcoming Events

  • Volunteers to host upcoming Friday tours?
  • Up coming Events Calendar

Tuesday, April 2 7:30pm

In Person / Virtual Member Meeting

Friday, April 5 6:30pm

In-Person Friday Night Tours! 7:00pm

Tabletop Gaming Night

Saturday, April 6 6:30pm

E-Lab Construction Planning (Commons)

Tuesday, April 9 7:06pm

Memberification & Treasurer Paperwork Party

Thursday, April 11 7:00pm

i3 Coding Dojo

Friday, April 12 6:30pm

In-Person Friday Night Tours!

Saturday, April 13 1:00pm

EMPUG Python Meetup (Classroom) 2:00pm

i3's Evolution- Past, Present and Future (Commons)

Tuesday, April 16 7:30pm

[Virtual] Board Meeting

Thursday, April 18 7:00pm

Halloween Decorations Workshop (Classroom)

Friday, April 19 6:30pm

In-Person Friday Night Tours! 8:30pm

Behind the Scenes Tech Tour@ B. Nektar!

Monday, April 22 6:00pm

Earth Day - Parks Board Game + Expansion (Commons)

Tuesday, April 23 6:30pm

Fourth Tuesday! i3 Social Hour! Come hang out! Friday, April 26

Penguicon 2024 6:30pm

In-Person Friday Night Tours! 6:30pm

Still Life Art 2024

Saturday, April 27

Penguicon 2024

Sunday, April 28

Penguicon 2024

Tuesday, April 30 6:30pm

Happy Fifth Tuesday! Bring a fifth (of booze) and come hang out at i3!

Would appreciate more people filling the calendar with classes if you have something to teach!

Thoughts on First Fridays being show and tell day? Or like ted talk style talks combined?

Wants and needs for classes!

Board announcement

  • Board is seeking volunteers for Vice President:


   Coordinate Friday Night Tours
   Perform site survey & act as internal ambassador
   Fill in gaps with other officers
   Coordinate with President
   Update space project status at first Tuesday meeting

and safety committee. typically sets up fire extinguisher visit with Cintas. This committee/role could also be expanded to support more help on things. See wiki page for ideas https://www.i3detroit.org/wiki/Safety

Zone updates

Automotive Zone

  • n/a

Bicycle Shop

  • n/a

Ceramics Zone

slowly updating wiki, cleaned zone, built wedging and hand building table, and hoping this is where I should put updates for meeting minutes. -Nick


  • n/a

CNC Zone

  • n/a

Commons Area

  • Treehouse has a set of papasan chairs, however keep in mind the cushions as they are, can't be washed, and they're a natural cotton. (Washable) covers need to be made to keep the cushions welcoming and not gross.

Craft Room

  • Kevin has moved the rest of the craft room stuff out of the old craft room, and it's now temporarily set up in the new area. However keep in mind it's still in active expansion mode, with painting and wiring and tool/desk setup still to come. Last Saturday, we got the cinderblock wall washed to prep for paint. It's going to get a fresh coat, floor to ceiling!

Electronics Lab

  • New components: AMS1117 regulators in 5 common voltages are in the regulators section of the parts wall
  • Spent some time cleaning during Potlock, curtains are laundered, shelves slightly improved
  • Big thanks to David Henry for vacuuming and David Smith for doing the chairs and benches
  • Also thanks to EVERYONE who uses the lab and tidies it up as they leave
  • We're building a new e-lab! Planning meeting this coming Saturday (April 6), on the calendar.
  • Meeting will be in-person and online, same format as member meetings, same link.

Fab Lab

  • n/a

Glass Zone

Won a bid for ceramic tile need to redo the floor in Glass Zone! Do you have or know where we could get thinset donated?

Do you have any interest in helping paint a mural on the walls of glass zone? Do you want to design it? Looking for some help :)


  • n/a

Injection Molding

  • Machines were delivered but as Thad noted in the zone's channel on slack, he needs the area for the zone to be cleared of non-zone property.

Jewelry Zone

  • n/a

Kitchen Zone

  • n/a

Laser Zone

  • n/a

Leather Loft

  • n/a

Machine Shop

  • n/a

Media Lab

  • n/a

Sewing Zone

  • There is still much to do to get the zone ready for use. Finish wiring, get/install ceiling tiles, install heat pump, finish drywall (after wiring) and prime. Painting the walls, installing lighting, floor, floor molding, wall fixtures. We have an embroidery station desk, not the L shape I planned but it's double sided! And it has a power lift!! Cutting tables need to be built, ironing station needs to be built. Lots of classes and workshops planned for the future but first we build!

Tool Crib

  • The Proxxon dremel has walked away from its home... if you know where it may have wandered to, please help it get home!

Vinyl Zone

  • kevin is going to order new vinyl stock. What do you use? What do you want to see? See Kevin Flory or put your wishlist in the Vinyl channel on slack.

Welding Zone

  • n/a


  • n/a

Wood Shop

  • n/a

Space Project Updates

  • n/a



  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a


  • n/a

Combat Robotics

  • We're building an arena! See Dave if you're interested in helping out or if you're interested in seeing cad


  • n/a


For those running classes, consider filming parts or allowing some coverage of your class if you're comfortable. Help can be offered, plus editing can be done to make sure anyone NOT comfortable with it, is not on the final cut. Filming and photographs can also be taken with that in mind, attempt to avoid getting someone in the shot who doesn't want to be. I'd like to help capture some of our content and get it out where people can learn and see what we have here. Maybe we could grow our channel enough to get some small funds from it.


Broom Party!

Action Item Summary

No action items.

Proposal Summary

No proposals.

Meeting Metrics

  • Time completed:
  • Attendees:


  1. Chair
  2. Secretary

Previous Meeting Next Meeting
Meeting Minutes 20240305 Meeting Minutes 20240507